Technology is ever-changing and so are security systems. There are now high-tech options that add a more sophisticated, efficient and reliable way to protect your home and family, whilst keeping up to date and fitting into our digitally connected lives.
Last year, it was found that 41% of UK adults have been a victim of home burglary, with 29% saying they were at home during the break-in. Popular places that people stated they were at the time were at a restaurant, on holiday or at work. It is therefore important to protect your home with a reliable and effective security system.
Confused by smart home security systems? Read on to discover what they are and how they’re different from a more traditional security system.
Who is a smart security system for?
Most people worry about the security of their family and home whether they are away for a couple of hours or a two-week holiday. A smart home security system is a modern update for twenty-first-century security that allows remote monitoring and control of your home security from anywhere in the world.
It is ideal for households who want to have full control and peace of mind that their family, home and possessions are safe and secure 365 days of the year.
How is a smart home security system different?
A smart security system still holds the basic elements and features of traditional security products such as intruder and fire alarms as well as CCTV cameras. However, a smart security system allows you to control all of these within an online platform that can be accessed remotely from your smart device or mobile phone.
A smart security system uses wireless technology, an internet connection and a smart device to control and manage intruder and fire alarms, security lights, sensors, security gates, door locks and more.
This modern type of security system is therefore fully customisable to the property and household. The user has full control of their home security whether they are at the property or not and can check in anytime. This, therefore, eliminates the need to rely on neighbours, friends or family to check on your property for suspicious behaviour or if there is an incident.
Through the smart home security system, you will also receive instant notifications on any activity at your property. This is great if you are on holiday or absent from your home and provides peace of mind to know that you are constantly monitoring your home.
What are the benefits of a smart home security system?
- Monitor your property remotely from anywhere in the world via your smartphone.
- Control all aspects of your smart home including alarms, camera, sensors etc.
- Get instant notifications home activity, system faults or intruder incidents.
- Easy to use and hassle-free.
- Eliminates the need to rely on neighbours to report incidents.
- Peace of mind that your home is always being monitored.
Homewatch Smart Home Security Systems
- Set and unset intruder alarms
- Receive instant notifications of alerts and home activity
- Access events and history log
- View your home security system in real-time
- View live CCTV footage of your home
- View recorded footage from up to 30 days ago
- Have peace of find when you’re away from home
Find out more about the Homewatch Smart Home App and how to update your home to have a smart home security system today.